- Maria Fae
Grand Brighton Bike Tour
Grand Brighton bike tour was Perviously named 'The Rags to Regency tour'
GRAND BRIGHTON BIKE TOUR DESCRIPTION
The Grand Brighton Bike Tour has something for everyone!
Whether talking about Princes, Kings or Queens; palaces, parks & parades, or Georgian scallywags and their fly by night shananagons, our knowledgeable tour guide will entertain you with the most poignant, fascinating and often downright eccentric Brighton stories, while our comfortable bikes and smooth route make cycling between sites fun and undemanding. Halfway through your bike tour, we'll take a break where you can enjoy a tea and cake at the Royal Pavilion garden café and watch life go by for 20 minutes before we regroup and head to the seafront. The perfect opportunity to chat to the rest of the group or get the latest Brighton tips from your guide.
GRAND BRIGHTON TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
• The Royal Pavilion Palace was once the most eccentric royal palaces in the country.
• Brighton Dome todays one of the city’s main music venues, but you will never believe what this grand building was originally built for.
• Preston Park is Brighton’s largest park and home to the city’s greatest annual party.
• Graffiti adorned backstreets of Kensington Street, spray paint work at its best.
• The Lanes are the oldest part of the city and a quaint contrast to the bustle of the North Laine.
• North Laine is today very much the bohemian part of Brighton, with narrow streets upon streets of independent boutiques and coffee shops.
• Brighton seafront has the best cycle path in the whole city and is a must when cycling in Brighton.
• The Piers and the i360 are all situated on the beach front and together tells an interesting narrative to the cities past, present and future.
GRAND BRIGHTON TOUR MEETING TIMES
Tours run daily at:
10:30am - 1pm
2:30pm - 5pm
A Bike and helmet is included as well as your tour guide.
Please bring with you:
Some money for a drink and snap at the break, Water on the hot days, and clothing appropiate to the seasonal weather.
Students & over 65′s: £17.50
Bring your own bike: £15
The Grand Bike Tour and Brighton Bike Tours are not associated with the Grand Hotel in Brighton. We will not be cycling inside this composite of grandiose Italian renaissance and classic Victorian architecture, But we will be cycling infront of it.
“The best and easiest way to see Brighton”
This bike tour is really great. We are a group of 9 sixty somethings and didn't find the route challenging at all. A very gentle pace, mostly on cycleways and quiet roads ending along the sea front. Our host Carlo did a great job and showed us some nice places of interest where we stopped off. He is very knowledgeable and presented it well, mostly in a light hearted way.
I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone visiting Brighton who wants to get around it a bit.
- Doug L